External devices won't load since V. 2.2

Homepage Forums Support PULL support External devices won't load since V. 2.2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve just installed version 2.2 and it everything works fine except for loading external templates i.e. the ones for max devices and VSTs.
    It won’t even load the one for the XVAnalogFilter.
    I’ve checked that the installer has put the new files into the correct folder and I’m using the 2.2 amxd.
    In the documentations you say that it now works inside the amxd so I don’t have to press some button to enable it like you used to, right? (actually can’t even see one)

Lars

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Lars,

Are you using the XVAnalogFilter included in the .zip or an old version.

The older version if xvanaloguefilter has the wrong name, so ensure to use the new one included in the zip.

Also have you tried using the camelcrusher vst to check externals are working?

There is no external button or app now, so everything should just work. You may nee to use pull in send template mode however.

Cheers

Si

Lars
    Participant

Hi,
    – the XVAnalogFilter is the new one added/overwritten by the V. 2.2 installer.
    – I’ve just tried the Camelcrusher VST. Doesn’t work either.
    – As to the send mode: this is where things are getting strange. The send mode doesn’t seem to work in general, although the switch mode works fine. No matter if I set it to auto/load and then press the pull button, it doesn’t load any templates (although the other buttons like from the transport section or the track volume fader work in send mode, bidirectionally).

Lars

Lars
    Participant

Btw: Now thinking about it I believe that send mode never really worked, even in the previous version. I remember that I tried that mode a while ago and since it didn’t work initially and I was quite happy with switch mode I just didn’t bother.

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Lars,

Btw how are you loading the large template on the lemur, is this through the large template button on the amxd? If you cannot send templates to the Lemur (using the AMXD for sending (not the editor)), then I’m wondering how you loaded the large template? It uses the same system, so if one isnt working, none of them are. You’ll need to make sure you have the correct IP address for your iPad input on the amxd device to send templates to the lemur. The Lemur Editor should not be used to load any of the PULL templates.

When you press send template mode, there should be a button that says “small template” press this to load the small template. Now templates will be sent to the lemur. There should be no “external” button. If there is such a button, then it is likely you’re using an old version of PULL.amxd. You will know that you have the small template loaded because there is no blue rectangle on the lemur.

You could try right clicking on top of the AMXD device and then select “open max window” are there any errors in there?

Sending templates should work, its been tested on multiple systems. If it’s not working then it is most likely that PULL is not configured correctly over the network.

If you’re still having problems, it might be worth getting in touch on our support email support[at]xmonsta[dot]com

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.