pull not showing up in ableton.

Homepage Forums Support PULL support pull not showing up in ableton.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant

Just purchased pull, and run the installer. it does not show up in ableton live 9.1.7
    all the files have been put in place by the installer.

My system is Windows 8.1, max for live 6 (latest ownload from ableton), Intel i7 processor, 8gb RAM, plenty of storage for the install.
    all 64 bit software (live, max, push)

the install to folder is correct.

any ideas?

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

By not showing up, do you mean the template doesnt get sent to the ipad when your press “large template”, or “small template” button? This could mean your network isnt set up properly. In the AMXD IP address field you have to put your iPad IP address.

If you right click at the top of the AMXD and click “open max window” you might see some errors in there? If the network isnt working, it will say “connection timeout” or something similar.

Feel free to contact us at support[at]xmonsta[dot]com . It might be easier to resolve over email.

Cheers

Rick
    Participant

have not even got that far…
    nothing of pull shows up in ableton live 9
    I have reinstalled the latest version of live and latest of v6 maxforlive
    run the installer of push which I can see what it did browsing in windows, but nothing shows up in live

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

There are 2 documents to help get you started included within the downloaded .zip file. Theres a quick start tutorial, but it sounds like you might need to read the full documentation in the /Docs/ folder.

Once you have installed PULL, there is a file inside the .zip with the ending .AMXD (this is a max for live device, to be used in Ableton). Drag this into your live set. Then follow the instructions in the manual for setting up PULL. You might want to store the AMXD inside you Ableton Library. If you go to Max Devices in your browser and right click, you can find where they are located.

Cheers

Si

Rick
    Participant

i think it might be that i have not used max for live since upgrading my laptop.
    and it needs to be re-authorised for it to be used. waiting for cycling 74 to manually process this to continue.

never really had max for live properly working on any install of ableton.
    only thing I could get working was ‘convolution reverb’

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

You shouldnt have to authorise Max For Live. I would recommend to get the latest version from the Cycling74 website Max 7. You simply install the latest Ableton, then install the latest Max (Max 7). Then in your Ableton preferences select your Max 7 location.

Max for Live is free to use in Ableton Live. You dont need to authorise it or anything to use PULL, or any other Max Device.

You only have to authorise/pay for Max 7 if you want to “edit” devices (and even then you could use Max 6 for that for free).

PULL is pretty straight forward to install. Just install Max, use the installer for PULL, then drag the AMXD into Live and set up your Lemur app over the network.

There’s a new version of PULL out today. It’s significantly optimised (Faster in nearly every way) – Read more here – http://www.xmonsta.com/new-releases/pull-updated-to-v2-2/

Cheers

Si

Rick
    Participant

where should thw *.amxd file be showing in live?, as it doesnt show up anywhere. I tried adding to ableton, and it just caused ableton live 9 to close immedately when dragging to the main channel.
    Thats with both versions 2.2 and the one before.

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

Recommend to start with a fresh version of Live, Max and PULL. It sounds like there is some serious problem with one of your installations, as this should not be happening.

Try using first without the Sigabort fix, and then install the fix once everything is working.

Simply:

Install Live 9.1.7
    Install Max 7
    Install PULL v2.2

Go to the PULL v2.2 zip file, extract all the files and drag the PULL v2.2.amxd into your Live Set.

Then set up your Lemur to connect to the amxd

Cheers

Si

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.