Couple Problems with PULL

Homepage Forums Support PULL support Couple Problems with PULL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William
    Participant

I just downloaded and tried installing PULL, but ran into a couple problems.

The Max files installed fine, but I am missing the .pyc_dis files from the MIDI Remote Scripts. Other than that, everything looks alright.

I could open the device in Ableton, but when I pressed the “large template” button Ableton would stop responding. I tried restarting Ableton and the computer a few times to see if it would help, but it didn’t. After a few times of doing that, I made the mistake of saving the Ableton default template with the device on the Master. Now, Ableton freezes when it gets to the “Loading default template” part of the start up.

Help for either problem is much appreciated!

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi William

You can solve the problem of Ableton freezing on load by moving the device to a different location on your computer, or deleting it. Then open ableton and it won’t be able to load the device and therefore won’t freeze. Then delete the device (the one that ableton has created a placeholder for because its missing) from your master channel and save your default set.

The large template takes around 20 seconds to complete sending to the iPad. If it takes longer then it might be due to and old max installation. Do you have he latest version of max? 6.1.8

Not to worry about the _dis files. These shouldn’t be in the manual. Sorry about this I’ll remove them

Cheers

X

William
    Participant

So I just installed V2.0. PULL is close to working, but came across another problem. Changes made using the mouse and computer are reflected on the iPad, but changes on the iPad are not reflected on the DAW/computer. I’m assuming it’s a port problem. I just can’t figure it out.

Thanks again for any help!

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Will,

This is unlikely to be a problem with PULL. It is a problem with general lemur set up.

1) The ip address/port may not be set correctly in the Lemur settings
    2) The ipad should be on the same network as the computer
    3) There could be something blocking the communication between ipad/computer (perhaps a firewall).

Most likely to be number 1

Cheers

Xmonsta

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.