Do I need to perform the SIGABORT Fix on Windows

Homepage Forums Support PULL support Do I need to perform the SIGABORT Fix on Windows

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brian
    Participant

I have win7 32 bit ableton Live Suite 9.x with Max for Live and i DO NOT have a MIDI remote script folder nor do I have a _MxDCore folder. DO I need to worry about the SigAbort FIX?

If yes how do I proceed on install because your instructions are asking to take step on things that are NOT there.

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

On windows the files should be in:

C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 9 Suite 9.x.x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\_MxDCore

You don’t have to apply the sigabort fix, but it will speed up the operation a lot. You can test it out yourself, by using the hot-switch button on a large device like operator. Pick two presets that change only operators parameters and switch between them back and forth 10-20 times.

Without sigabort fix – 6-10 seconds to hot-switch
    With sigabort fix – less than 1 second to hot-switch

Also without the sigabort fix, the time was increasing, so over time it will be 20, 30, 40 seconds to change parameters. This has improved with later versions of live (from our testing). However, we would recommend using live 9.0.6 because this seems to be the most stable (we’ve been using it for months with PULL without problems). Live 9.1.4 has some problems with the fix which we’re currently looking into.

Also, make sure to at least back up your _MxDCore folder, if you want to go back, you can just plop the files in. If you don’t back it up you may have to reinstall live, which can be a pain.

Hope this helps

xmonsta

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.