Reaktor Templates

Homepage Forums Support PULL support Reaktor Templates

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hey man I absolutely love having the ability to make my own templates. I am currently in the process of making my UAD templates, to which I am really enjoying laying out my Neve EQs to where they make more sense.

However, my question is with Reaktor instruments. Every Reaktor instrument I use the Pull-Device parameters device gives the same “device name”, “Reaktor5” for every Reaktor ensemble I use. So none of my Reaktor ensembles are getting a unique device name. I imagine this is going to cause some problems with Pull determining which template to use.

I have been successful in creating templates for some of my other plugins and Reaktor is the only one that has posed a problem.

In addition, I have noticed that in the templates I have created; the visual feedback from the plugin is a little spotty. This occurs sometimes when I move a parameter on the computer screen and the template on the iPad doesn’t update. Not that big of a deal. Whenever I select the next device and come back the parameters are updated. This doesn’t happen with the built in templates though, it would just be nice to get the same performance with my user generated templates.

Keep up the work, I really appreciate the updates and support. You have really been on top of things. Oh and the installer, thats awesome. The previous installation method was a bit annoying 😉 Thanks

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

The VST and Max Device templates should work just in the same way that the Ableton Native Device templates work. As long as the OSC address is correct for each parameter. If it’s sending, it should be receiving as well – but we’ll definitely check it out to make sure. You might just want to check the CamelCrusher template as an example, to see if that is getting feedback properly.

For Reaktor templates, if you have JBridge, what you could do is to create a .dll (win), or .vst (mac) with jbridge. Then (if you’re on win use .dll, and for mac, .vst) rename the jbridge file to “Reaktor_Slayer.dll” , then also rename the txt file that jbridge creates to the same “Reaktor_Slayer.txt” . So when you drag “Reaktor_Slayer.dll” into your set it will open reaktor under a different name, and trigger PULL to load the “Slayer” template. You will need to call your Slayer template “Reaktor_Slayer.jzlib” for it to load. What you can do then is to group and save your “Reaktor_Slayer.dll” as a rack, making sure to configure all the parameters you need. This way all you’ll need to do is to drag the rack into your set and it will automatically load the PULL template 🙂

We’re working on a better solution for this, but it’s likely to take some time. We will never be able to change the name of the VST files, so we might create our own VST wrapper (a bit like Jbridge), or make a menu selector come up on the Lemur when Reaktor is selected, where you get to choose from the available Reaktor templates.

Hope this helps

Andreas
    Participant

hey Mike! would you mind sharing your UAD templates? that would be awesome!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.