VST has same parameter name for different internal parameters

Homepage Forums Support PULL support VST has same parameter name for different internal parameters

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi,
    I tried to set up a template for “Drumazon” and I noticed that two different internal parameters (“Tune” and “Tune depth”) are both displayed as one parameter: “BassDrumTune”. Accordingly “Pull-Parameters” shows the same parameter.
    In Ableton itself everything works out perfectly. Although the parameters have the same name, they still address the right internal parameter.

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Lars,

When you “configure” those parameters in Live are the names exactly the same? Do you have two “configured” parameter sliders, one for each Tune and Tune depth?

If this is the case, then PULL cannot differentiate between parameters that are the same name (because it uses the name as a reference). It is not very often that this happens (there are very few VST that name their parameters the same names). We have a new program we will release soon called xPlugin which will overcome this problem. We may also update PULL to be able to handle this problem, but it will be some way off (it’s quite a complex problem to solve).

However, it could be that the “Tune depth” parameter controls the “Tune” parameter in some way. If this is the case, then it may be possible, but there may be some complex Lemur coding involved.

Cheers

xMonsta

Lars
    Participant

Hi,
    yeah, configuring the 2 internal parameters gives me 2 parameter sliders in Ableton, but they have exactly the same name. Unfortunately the latter one doesn’t control the other one. It’s an indepent controller.
    So it seems like they just named it the same and that’s it 🙁
    Anyway thank you very much for you answering so fast and I hope you guys can fix it in the future! 🙂

Lars
    P.S.: Amazing plug-in! Really!!!

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Lars,

If you can contact support[at]xmonsta[dot]com we might be able to help with a workaround for the time being, while we look for a more permanent solution in PULL.

Cheers

xMonsta

xmonsta
    Keymaster

Hi Lars,

We’ve now fixed this problem in PULL, so there is no need to workaround. We will update PULL in the next couple of days with a new release.

Cheers

xMonsta

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.