No products in the cart.
XVAnalogueFilter, contains a selection of Virtual Analogue Filters, SVF (Zero delay feedback/Linear Trapezoid), Ladder (Moog), Diode Ladder (TB303, or EMS VCS 3) and Transistor Filters created using Gen DSP algorithms (Gen requires Live 9/Max6 in order to work).
- High Pass, Low Pass, Band Pass, Peak and Notch filters.
- A detailed explanation of each filter in the filter menu can be found in the ‘Credits’ section of the device, along with the licenses and credits for each filter algorithm.
- XVAnalogueFilter, is broadly based on Live’s own AutoFilter interface, so those familiar with this should feel right at home
- LFO section (which includes manual operation), along with an Envelope section (allowing the filter envelope to be triggered by the incoming audio signal).
- Phase of the left and right channels (if you want 0% phase, just set the LPhase (left phase) to 180%, although the filter sounds fatter if you offset them by just a few %).
- Link the phases together and put them 180% phase offset from each other, in order to get tight timing of the LFO to sync with your track.
- The device really comes alive when automating the rate of the LFO (try drawing in some automation on the Rate/Sync/NoTrpl/Trpl dials, in 4ths, 8ths or 16ths), while also automating the offset and depth dials.
- Smooth dial can be used to smooth out any fast filter transitions.
We spend a large amount of time testing our devices, so (unlike many maxforlive devices), this device should save properly with your set and you shouldn’t experience bugs or errors. All possible dials/parameters are named properly and should be automatable through both session view and clip envelopes. If you do have any problems, feel free to contact us here, or on the forums and well’ll be happy to. We’ve had a huge amount of fun playing around with these warm sounding, squelchy filters for the last few weeks. Hope you enjoy using them as much as we do.